Thursday, March 15, 2012

If I were president...

We ended our president unit with a little creative writing. I read So You Want To Be President? by: Judith St. George.  It's a Caldecott medal book- for obvious reasons too!  I couldn't keep my students from laughing during the whole book.  The illustrations are truly great and amusing!  After I read the book, I had the students put their (pre-cut face) on a blown up 1 dollar bill.  Then I told students that they had to write about what they would do if they were president! The stories were fantastic and creative of course!  I love all of the big ideas the students had.  They really have sweet hearts <3
 My favorite part: "I would have a Lamborghini."
 My favorite part: "I would give no taxes.  If I were president I would be nervous."
 I love the whole list of things she would have :)
Favorite part: "If I was president I would never quit... I would save the country"

No comments:

Post a Comment